The Election Day Thread

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I saw this in the Washington Post and couldn’t help myself from laughing at it:

Jodi Lavoie-Carnes, 48, a dental hygienist who lives in Dover, New Hampshire, supported President Trump for re-election. On Saturday, she was shocked and disturbed by the boisterous celebrations of Biden supporters, who had gathered in her town waving profane anti-Trump signs.

The tone was so negative that she wondered what lies ahead for the country.

“I’m like, are you serious?” she said. “The language doesn’t need to be there. My children need to drive by that.”

She said it was President-elect Biden’s responsibility to keep the tone of celebrations civil.
“Now you’re an elect, so calm them down,” she said.
This from the people who buy “F*!& Your Feelings” shirts at Trump rallies. Sorry, not sorry.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Glad common sense won in the end. Has a defeated President ever refused to leave office before or failed to deliver a speech acknowledging his defeat?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
safe_image.php
He may take permanent residence at the Presidential Palace Marre'd Lago to manage Koolaid distribution from there, that or they'll be dragging him out of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave by his orange combover.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
He may take permanent residence at the Presidential Palace Marre'd Lago to manage Koolaid distribution from there, that or they'll be dragging him out of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave by his orange combover.
He never liked the accommodations of the WH anyway, he acted like they were beneath him. I'll never get how millions of blue collar people can relate with such a man.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
He never like the accommodations of the WH anyway, he acted like they were beneath him. I'll never get how millions of blue collar people can relate with such a man.
I call Trump STUPID, because he is, but then I look at his followers, and I'm like MY GOD, dumb as a post, or racist, Christian zealot, or whatever aberration crosses my mind because it just does not add up that these people could hate Washington so much, but then latch onto a freaking crook and parasite like Donny who would not even give them the time of day if he was not trolling for their votes. Then I find myself back to Dumb as a Post. :unsure:

Last edited:

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Glad common sense won in the end. Has a defeated President ever refused to leave office before or failed to deliver a speech acknowledging his defeat?

While I'm sure some defeated Presidents were unhappy that they did not get a second term or some people who were running for their first chance at being the President didn't make it to the finish line and were upset about that, I do not recall anyone ever being as publicly ungracious and childishly foot-stomping a loser as the Orange Man..... Since Day One I have never put the word "President" together with that man's name and I never will. The day he is gone will be such a huge relief......!!!! I would like to think that in the end he'll just leave quietly and that will be that, but he's not exactly predictable so who knows what'll happen...?! It would certainly be yet another embarrassment to the US if he has to be dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming..... I would hope that if this occurs that he would promptly be carefully cornered and captured and then immediately whisked away to a nice psych unit for a thorough evaluation and stay.....

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
And do - to bring a smile on your face - take a look at the clip of Joan Baez (posted under her own name on Twitter) dancing with pure, uninhibited joy, in a store while shopping for her groceries when word of the confirmation of Mr Biden's victory came through.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Wow I just glanced at the front page of the Wall Street Journal online and those guys sure did a fast pivot to the equivalent of "Donald who?"

A couple days ago the WSJ's notoriously farther-right-of-newsdesk editorial board had some twisty piece up there trying to defend a vote for Trump but wrapping w/ more or less well if he loses he did it to himself.

Then today on the website it's strictly all about Biden and Harris and prospects for moving forward. As if news about a pending transition from one prez to another is not so different from flipping any front page's headlines from Friday to Saturday.

The markets had already baked this in while orange dude was trying to raise money to sue states for stuff like counting military absentee ballots.

How all this must enrage his petulant royal orangeness... The media so soon forgetting who is still the one, the only 'murican prez for life?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Holy shit, they’re putting on an amazing light show!
Intel drones, they practice out here in Folsom (near Sacramento) all the time, what they can do with them is quite amazing. I just wish YTTV could keep up with the bandwidth of all the people watching, it keeps buffering.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
I’ve neglected this forum. I’ve been too nervous. So I’ve done nothing but read practically the whole time. I voted early so I downloaded this watch face. I think of it as my “I Voted!” sticker. I was gonna switch to a different one the next day but I got paranoid about it. Like what if I switched it and Biden lost. So I kept it. I’m so relieved. I realize how ridiculous I sound. Especially after telling y’all my family and I aren’t really into the flag.
ab972717fc099addb5cd6fead43e0f54.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2