Welcome new members!

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
Bienvenue, leman!

If you need to open any doors here, for any rooms and any topic to discuss freely, you have to enter a code on the virtual keypad: "Weaselboy".

You can misspell it, it'll work either way. The keypad has a built-in AI sensitive to MR mammal names.

Last edited:

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Bienvenue, leman!

If you need to open any doors here, for any rooms and any topic to discuss freely, you have to enter a code on the visual keypad: "Weaselboy".

You can misspell it, it'll work either way. The keypad has a built-in AI sensitive to MR mammal names.
Sensitive, just like certain delicate MR mods and their fans.

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
Mods in MR have padavans.
Problem is they are not aware that they will follow the path of a former, notorious padavan who has problems even breathing.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Bienvenue, leman!

If you need to open any doors here, for any rooms and any topic to discuss freely, you have to enter a code on the virtual keypad: "Weaselboy".

Poor WB... but I'm sure by now he's among us, perhaps having appropriated some ex-MR's moniker.

Heh, been waiting for JK to figure out that's an option. But he'd give himself away via high count of meme postings.

If I ever get banned from here I'm coming back as what's his name, the dolorous guy who got banned for something or other so long ago, maybe for just being so morose all the time. Mind you I'd only adopt his name and certainly not his world views. I think he may have got gone over repeated failure to support an assertion in 2016 that HRC was fond of "eliminating living adversaries". That was when mods at that other place were still somewhat more into fact-checking.

The reason I figure I could get away with using him as my backup persona over here? No one including me remembers his MR moniker any more (but I got enough keywords to look him up off some post snapshots, believe me) and anyway he's been gone for 5 years and even he would forget who he was at MR by now.

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score
Sensitive, just like certain delicate MR mods and their fans.

The ways of MR mods are unexplainable. I got suspended once by referring to a guy as "technically illiterate" after he filled three forum pages with raging nonsense and continued shouting that we have the obligation to "prove him wrong".

The same guy has directly insulted me at least three times in the last two days (including calling me a troll, which on MR is instantly bannable), but he is still around. Go figure. Definitely makes a guy spend less time on a platform...

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
The ways of MR mods are unexplainable. I got suspended once by referring to a guy as "technically illiterate" after he filled three forum pages with raging nonsense and continued shouting that we have the obligation to "prove him wrong".

The same guy has directly insulted me at least three times in the last two days (including calling me a troll, which on MR is instantly bannable), but he I still around. Go figure. Definitely makes a guy spend less time on a platform...
I haven't been suspended yet but I got sick and tired of my posts getting removed / getting warnings because I was pointing out trolls and individuals like you mentioned. It's clear that Macrumors prefers to have posts like this instead of actual content. Absolutely insane... because what used to drive me to Macrumors is quality content.

So many people I used to follow are now suspended or have left - people that made Macrumors really great. But I guess that doesn't matter when all you're looking at are view and click counts. If I remember correctly, Arn once said that non-members make up the vast majority of the site's revenue.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score

The same guy has directly insulted me at least three times in the last two days (including calling me a troll, which on MR is instantly bannable), but he I still around. Go figure. Definitely makes a guy spend less time on a platform...

Don’t be shy, link us straight to that discussion!
[emoji41]

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

If the person you are speaking about sides with (sucks up to) moderators they will definitely give that user a free pass. We've seen this over and over to the point that it's laughable. I'll add you to our MR Exiles forum and you can read all about it.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

Tell me about it… I was a bit skeptical when @Alli sent me my first invite but decided to give TA a chance. Turned out to be much nicer experience here, without the constant walking on eggshells when certain other posters there didn’t have to.

Thanks again for the invite(s)! 🥳

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Or rolls?

Rolls. Delicious, buttery rolls ...

Rolls-1-728x483.jpg

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Yeah, I know many folks here were banned [from MR] or just wanted a place to discuss politics with more freedom, but I'm glad to see people like @leman and @Cmaier here for some tech discourse.
Absolutely agree. They are most welcome here, fine additions. Let’s “borrow” even more users of quality to further boost tech discourse! Really looking forward to potential @Cmaier CPU stuff and much more.

I bet additional tech posters are feeling the heat now that PRSI is gone. The mods need to get their fix somehow, and plenty of the asshats are still around to post nonsense and provoke people.

Top Bottom
1 2