Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I thought it was a staged skit up until he "slapped the shit out of" CR. It was so unexpected. I think his rep is what garnered the standing ovation later. And I think it's lost on many that Chris Rock is hated by lots in Hollywood. He's seen as misogynistic, pals around with the transphobic Chapelle and he has a horrible track record with women lately: a forced paternity test and suit, and allegations of rape that were settled after vowing to fight in court.
None of which are worthy of assault. Up until then I've been a huge Will Smith fan but I've lost all respect for him. Carrey said it best, get vocal and let them have it verbally but that was an entirely different level, CR would've been right to press charges.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
None of which are worthy of assault. Up until then I've been a huge Will Smith fan but I've lost all respect for him. Carrey said it best, get vocal and let them have it verbally but that was an entirely different level, CR would've been right to press charges.
Where the fuck did I say it was worthy of assault.

Reactions: Joe

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I'm starting to see this as relationship issues. Will originally laughed at the joke, then the camera isn't on him, and then he's on stage smacking. Jada cheated on him fairly recently and there might have been some "You never stand up for me!" mixed in the excuses given. Toss in getting cheated on is generally seen as emasculating by default. Connect all the dots. So in his head he quickly went from laughing at the joke to all the marriage therapy issues.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to see this as relationship issues. Will originally laughed at the joke, then the camera isn't on him, and then he's on stage smacking. Jada cheated on him fairly recently and there might have been some "You never stand up for me!" mixed in the excuses given. Toss in getting cheated on is generally seen as emasculating by default. Connect all the dots. So in his head he quickly went from laughing at the joke to all the marriage therapy issues.
Jada didn't cheat on him. They have an open relationship (allegedly at his behest). The third party was pussy whipped and blabbed about it since Jada wasn't interested in more than the sex. No one put a gun to Will's head to appear on Jada's Red Table Talk show. He boinked several of his co-stars before "the entanglement" and they were separated when it happened.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Jada didn't cheat on him. They have an open relationship (allegedly at his behest). The third party was pussy whipped and blabbed about it since Jada wasn't interested in more than the sex. No one put a gun to Will's head to appear on Jada's Red Table Talk show. He boinked several of his co-stars before "the entanglement" and they were separated when it happened.

Interesting. When I read a Jada/Will Smith headline I'm not exactly inspired to read further. All the headlines said cheating, not surprised. Still, people don't get separated because things are going great.

Anyhow, I'm just speculating.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Seems like you've been defending Smith the entire time, but maybe you've condoned the actual attack somewhere and I missed it? 🤷‍♂️

That was me. I said I didn't have a problem with it.

People need to stop "joking" at other people's expense. You don't know the mental health of people. I've seen plenty of comedians that were funny as fuck without making it personal. Like I said, you don't know the mental health of people and what may make them snap, so don't be surprised when a "joke" gets you knocked the fuck out.

Last edited:

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That was me. I said I didn't have a problem with.

People need to stop "joking" at other people's expense. You don't know the mental health of people. I've seen plenty of comedians that were funny as fuck without making it personal. Like I said, you don't know the mental health of people and what may make them snap, so don't be surprised when a "joke" gets you knocked the fuck out.

In fact, people shouldn’t speak at all. You never know what may trigger someone, and if your vocal reminiscing about Ding Dongs gets you punched in the face by a guy who, as kid, his parents would only give him Ring Dings, you are getting what you deserve.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Really, this is one of those stories where most of the main actors come across poorly.

Will Smith acted poorly, letting a mean joke disrupt an entire night and there's little excuse for attacking someone.
Chris Rock acted poorly by making a mean joke at Jada Smith's expense.

I'm not really interested in protecting either man. However, we do need to set some rules that you're not allowed to assault someone because they're being a dick.

On the other hand, don't be a dick. Not all jokes need to be made, and it's okay to temper a joke. Comedians spend a little too much time thinking that every joke that's funny is necessary, and must be told.

I wonder how much bad blood there was already. The joke was mean, but I'm still shocked at Smith's reaction. Has he always been a hothead, or has something changed?

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
In fact, people shouldn’t speak at all. You never know what may trigger someone, and if your vocal reminiscing about Ding Dongs gets you punched in the face by a guy who, as kid, his parents would only give him Ring Dings, you are getting what you deserve.

I'm sorry this place is full of a bunch of Ted Cruz's.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Really, this is one of those stories where most of the main actors come across poorly.

Will Smith acted poorly, letting a mean joke disrupt an entire night and there's little excuse for attacking someone.
Chris Rock acted poorly by making a mean joke at Jada Smith's expense.

I'm not really interested in protecting either man. However, we do need to set some rules that you're not allowed to assault someone because they're being a dick.

On the other hand, don't be a dick. Not all jokes need to be made, and it's okay to temper a joke. Comedians spend a little too much time thinking that every joke that's funny is necessary, and must be told.

I wonder how much bad blood there was already. The joke was mean, but I'm still shocked at Smith's reaction. Has he always been a hothead, or has something changed?
I think it’s safe to say celebrity roasts are going to be off the table for a while lol. I think there is something to be said for holding people accountable for what they say, I just don’t think assault is the answer. It’s like we’re condoning the weaponization of cancel culture.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
But you can’t back up that statement, please show us where you’ve condoned the actual physical assault.
Do you need a dictionary and/or some rest? You're the one claiming I've condoned the assault.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Do you need a dictionary and/or some rest? You're the one claiming I've condoned the assault.
You have though, you’ve accused CR of rape and being transphobic while telling us how everyone hates him. It’s all as if to justify the assault.

Let’s try this, do you think CR deserved it? Try answering without the personal attacks please.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
You have though, you’ve accused CR of rape and being transphobic while telling us how everyone hates him. It’s all as if to justify the assault.

Let’s try this, do you think CR deserved it? Try answering without the personal attacks please.
You made shit personal. Why don't you find the answer since, quoting your words: "maybe you've condoned the actual attack somewhere and I missed it? 🤷‍♂️"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2