Curling.jpeg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Was that taken just seconds before they stuck a needle in their arm and then pinched a loaf on the sidewalk as stolen Walgreens merchandise cascaded out of their pockets? I've heard things about SF.

No, they seemed like regular people. Of which the overwhelming majority of San Franciscans are. There are others who are suffering from a variety of mental and physical afflictions and are not well.

Also... Regarding people on the street (hanging out or living) in SF, I've found if you approach them for conversation and a portrait with good intentions and respect, that usually flows right back. I've met a lot of people in San Francisco's Tenderloin neighborhood that way.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Was that taken just seconds before they stuck a needle in their arm and then pinched a loaf on the sidewalk as stolen Walgreens merchandise cascaded out of their pockets? I've heard things about SF.
Also, how did you find a picture of a building that wasn’t boarded up? I heard they boarded up the whole city. ;)

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Also, how did you find a picture of a building that wasn’t boarded up? I heard they boarded up the whole city. ;)

Yeah see the press never gloms onto the exciting stats about how many people break their neck every year just happening to step and slip on a glossy magazine tossed carelessly onto the floor instead of into that little basket by the couch. The media get far more clicks and print revenue if the stories are about street crime.

I'm fresh outta photos of me doing that slip-and-fall number in my cityside apartment one year, but am still a fanatic about where glossy magazines get stashed. I came really close to hitting my head on the lid of a baby grand piano as I struggled to regain my balance. I was maybe 27 or 28 years old then, but the memory of that incident sticks in my head as though it happened last week. LOL I even quit subscribing to Time and took a sub to The New Republic, which at that time was published on newsprint...

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
No, they seemed like regular people. Of which the overwhelming majority of San Franciscans are. There are others who are suffering from a variety of mental and physical afflictions and are not well.

Also... Regarding people on the street (hanging out or living) in SF, I've found if you approach them for conversation and a portrait with good intentions and respect, that usually flows right back. I've met a lot of people in San Francisco's Tenderloin neighborhood that way.

I was just playin'. I'm a lifetime South Bay resident. I rarely make it up to SF these days but have many fond memories of it. The few times I do my concerns are more of the rampant gentrification and the exodus of the economic diversity that once made it so special, but that's for another thread.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
That sure is a cute little feller/fella!

That's actually a lady. There's pretty big sexual dimorphism in jumping spiders. Females are mostly shades of brown while males are black with white bands. Just something you can share with people when you see one out in the wild. :)

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Man, I miss having a good camera. Had a couple of glorious years before my cousin dropped it down the stairs.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I'm paying $8 a month to cover all of my gear, worth it for the peace of mind.

I didn't spend a tremendous amount on the camera. It was a Nikon D80 I picked up for a song with the stock lens. Since it was more a side hobby, and not something I planned on building a career out of, the thought of insuring it would've never occurred to me.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Marian and Vivian Brown, also know as the Brown Twins in San Francisco. I was lucky to have been able to make a few photos of them over the years while they were out and about in SF. Sadly, they passed away in 2013 and 2014.

12360217_10206502233489339_6669495749740058506_n.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2