Main Camera
Sony
Daffodil  in Bloom.jpeg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
D021CC3F-3B50-467F-BAC9-10FA35965CC5.jpeg

Last batch of mantids hatched, less than 24 hours old. Released straight into the green house since the weather has warmed up. I hope to see them again as adults.

My basil isn’t looking as good as Clix Pix. 😉

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Excellent capture!
Thank you! I am overjoyed at this, because so often I've tried to capture Alfred or some other bird in flight and have messed up one way or another, with timing or settings or something else, and yesterday everything came together just right. I was thrilled when I looked at the images in the computer afterward and saw that I'd actually managed to nail a decent shot of Alfred in flight -- rather, as he was taking off -- and of course the special topping on this particular delight was that he had a freshly-caught fish in his mouth, too. WHEEEEEEE!!!!

It's not all that hard to get shots of Alfred when he's standing around, which he does quite often and for long periods of time -- getting him in action can be problematic, as he moves quickly when spearing a fish and sometimes also moves quickly and unpredictably when leaving his current spot, too, even though I've learned to read some of his usual signals when he's thinking about taking off. The 20 fps in the A1 helps a lot, of course, in capturing the action as it is happening as does my being sure that I've got my shutter speed and other settings right in the first place. Sony's 100-400mm GM lens is absolutely one of my favorite and most-used lenses, as it delivers, time after time after time, with or without a 1.4x TC attached.

Yes, I'm really quite happy with this shot!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Along with my favorite daffodils, another harbinger of Spring is the beautiful and delicately scented Tulip Magnolia. We have several trees at the head of the lake and each year I start watching them and shooting them as the bud-to-bloom process begins and goes through the cycle.

This guy is a little ahead of the others:

Tulip Magnolia Blossom On the Way.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2