Flapping in Joy.jpeg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
That is just absolutely gorgeous; must say that I really love the spectacular colours, and this is a colour family that really appeals to me.
Thank you! The colors in the water were just like that, too, I didn't pump them up to give them more "pop," they already were vivid enough. The trees this past week were just gorgeous and the reflections in the water were absolutely wonderful. Unfortunately, that's the last of it, today having been rainy and windy, and a lot of the leaves have now blown off. I wish I could remember what was nearby that was blue that also was reflecting in the water....whatever it was, definitely added something to the mix! Oh -- of course, bits of blue sky! :). The two Hooded Mergansers just happened to be in there doing their thing at the time, too -- LOL!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Thank you! The colors in the water were just like that, too, I didn't pump them up to give them more "pop," they already were vivid enough. The trees this past week were just gorgeous and the reflections in the water were absolutely wonderful. Unfortunately, that's the last of it, today having been rainy and windy, and a lot of the leaves have now blown off. I wish I could remember what was nearby that was blue that also was reflecting in the water....whatever it was, definitely added something to the mix! Oh -- of course, bits of blue sky! :). The two Hooded Mergansers just happened to be in there doing their thing at the time, too -- LOL!

Even I know that the "fall" (an unusual term for autumn, but one that students of the history of the English language assure me is authentically antique) colours of the leaves in the northern parts of the eastern United States can be spectacular.

Off this topic, and probably better placed elsewhere, but I can assure you that there is much bewildered - and quite upset - commentary and conversation - (tempered by some relief tinged with worry) amongst my friends and family (liberal leaning all) about the size of the vote that Mr Trump achieved; "how can this happen?"

Last edited:

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Icy cold today, but that's a price I willingly pay for blue skies…

Pulteney Bridge and weir over the Avon
Robert Adam, 1774

Heavy rain up north so the river is running very high today.

IMG_0514.jpeg

Edit: If you squint you can just see where we live. Just down from the tower on the brow of the hill. :)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Robert Adam, 1774

View attachment 1347

Edit: If you squint you can just see where we live. Just down from the tower on the brow of the hill. :)
Well now you’re just posting screen shots of Assassins Creed on the PS5.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
I like how her "armor" has different patterns on different parts of her body.
I would have such fun with her and a macro lens.....one could create some really interesting abstracts!

Actually, was playing with abstracts today..... In the meantime, though, here is the shot which is my avatar image for the time being, since I had meant to share it yesterday:

Sheer Gold.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Robert Adam, 1774

View attachment 1347

Just gorgeous.

That picture reminds me of my happy visits to the Antique Map Shop in Bath.....quite wonderful, (and, yes, I bought some beautiful antique maps) but this was a different time (and place).....

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Nice image, but it's not showing up right here on the site..... The user has to click and be taken away to another site to view it.....

Yeah, I know this new protocol for posting photos can be a bit confusing at first -- I've had my stumbles with it as well!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Agree with @Clix Pix (cited below); lovely image but it doesn't show up unless clicked, whereupon you are then taken elsewhere to see the actual photograph.

Nice image, but it's not showing up right here on the site..... The user has to click and be taken away to another site to view it.....

Yeah, I know this new protocol for posting photos can be a bit confusing at first -- I've had my stumbles with it as well!
Agreed.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
A very rainy day in Bath today…

Just as the sun started heading towards the western horizon, the light changed into such a strange golden glow.

Right now it is a deep mauve colour… Ever changing colours.

View from the window, Bath

IMG_0521.jpeg

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
See a little of the blue tongue in this one, thus the species name

6E65695F-9761-49CA-81DC-AF2AA021A9BF.jpeg

She executes her escape plan.....which almost always ends at the foot of my bed wedged between the comforter and blanket.

A5BFFA7F-96C7-446C-B074-48BB4718CE41.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2