Welcome new members!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I have always loved olives.....and when I was a little girl one of my favorite lunches was an Olive Sandwich, which consisted of nothing more than sliced green olives with pimentos plopped on to white bread slathered with mayonnaise! Yeah, in looking back at this now I wonder what my mother was thinking! Certainly not a wholesome, healthy meal! Actually, though, in her defense, it was primarily a lunch I enjoyed only during summer vacations and such, and at that, not every day......

U

User.191

You show up with marmite (or vegemite) and I’m outta here!
Vegimite is industrial poison that should be eradicated from the planet and deposited in the nearest black hole.

Marmite however is a gift from god herself, given to only the true believers, who thusly recognize it's true potential to heal the world and therefore spread the gospel of Yeast Extracty goodness...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Vegimite is industrial poison that should be eradicated from the planet and deposited in the nearest black hole.

Marmite however is a gift from god herself, given to only the true believers, who thusly recognize it's true potential to heal the world and therefore spread the gospel of Yeast Extracty goodness...

Have managed to avoid both for a long lifetime, plan to keep it that way. My curiosity has its limits. 😀

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

🤮

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Have managed to avoid both for a long lifetime, plan to keep it that way. My curiosity has its limits. 😀

My father had a serious love affair with Marmite; he used to enjoy it on toast, I seem to recall.

U

User.191

My father had a serious love affair with Marmite; he used to enjoy it on toast, I seem to recall.
Of all the items that kept me going here these last 20+ years in the States as an expat Brit, it was Marmite that fixed any sense of homesickness I may have had.

What’s odd is that I think it’s also an excellent example on the power of positive thought: no matter how sick or ill I’ve been, a piece of toast with marmite will always settle the stomach for me.

Guess its the result of being brought up with it from the moment I could eat solids - now it’s so much of a comfort food my system gets past the salt and other ingredients that might otherwise distress an upset stomach.

I’d call it a placebo effect ecxcept it‘s not because I know what’s in it and, that it’s got no right helping relief whatever ails me intestinally. But relieve it does…

Last edited by a moderator:

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
Of all the items that kept me going here these last 20+ years in the States as an expat Brit, it was Marmite that fixed any sense of homesickness I may have had.

What’s odd is that I think it’s also an excellent example on the power of positive thought: no matter how sick or ill I’ve been, a piece of toast witn marmite will always setle the stomach for me.

Guess its the result of being brought up with it from the moment I could eat solids - now it’s so much of a comfort food my system gets past the salt and other ingredients that might otherwise distress an upset stomach.

I’d call it a placebo effect ecxcept it‘s not because I know what’s in it and, that it’s got no right helping relief whatever ails me intestinally. But relieve it does…

What’s that famous quote from Cmaier again, “it’s all in your head” or something like that. [emoji846]

But I think many of us appreciate the dishes we grew up with.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Excellent. So this place is not overrun with trolls while the mods penalize actual Mac users?
Welcome to the site. I can count on (less than) one hand how many times we've penalized anyone here in the year plus+ and 73,000+ posts since we've started this site, people act like adults and we treat them like adults.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I can count on (less than) one hand how many times we've penalized anyone here in the year plus+ and 73,000+ posts since we've started this site, people act like adults and we treat them like adults.
Well, I've misbehaved a couple of times. Even gave myself a _very_ stern talk-to.

Top Bottom
1 2