Marjorie Taylor Green: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with her?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
the two of many things she is totally unqualified for.
On Tuesday, the House GOP Steering Committee, which delegates committee assignments, voted unanimously to assign Greene and Gosar to the Oversight and Accountability Committee, CNN reports. Greene also nabbed a seat on the Homeland Security Committee, and Gosar returned to a seat he’d occupied previously on the Natural Resources Committee.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
the two of many things she is totally unqualified for.
On Tuesday, the House GOP Steering Committee, which delegates committee assignments, voted unanimously to assign Greene and Gosar to the Oversight and Accountability Committee, CNN reports. Greene also nabbed a seat on the Homeland Security Committee, and Gosar returned to a seat he’d occupied previously on the Natural Resources Committee.

Nothing like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Did anyone think that Greene being on a committee wouldn't be a dumpster fire? Oh and later on in the questioning she stated that an elementary school in Illinois received 5.1 Billion to teach CRT.

IMG_5239 2.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Did anyone think that Greene being on a committee wouldn't be a dumpster fire? Oh and later on in the questioning she stated that an elementary school in Illinois received 5.1 Billion to teach CRT.

View attachment 21639

That whole rump caucus has become an example of cynically turning everything into a pivotal point of hyperpartisan conflict. I am past wishing the media would just stop reporting on stuff they say, past noting that they won re-election or were (finally) defeated. Half the tweets I myself have retweeted in the past have been links to mainstream media pieces where embedded tweets from celebrity pols or about celebrity pols were the main subject or the main source of the information in the piece.

To my mind if the managing editors of mainstream metro papers prohibited their reporters from embedding social media posts, we might arrive back at a civilized society without having to go all the way back to being cave dwellers first.

Not holding my breath. Media outlets allow reporters to laze their way to the deadline by finding tweets to write about, rather than make them come up with newsworthy reporting that can compete for readership without reliance on "celebrity pol" figures. If a reporter can entice readers without resorting to clickbait, then the paper has to pay them more to keep them from jumping ship to some other media outlet. Money talks. The Rs know this and capitalize on it, and the media just go with the flow, even knowing they are part of the problem and have degraded both professional journalism and public awareness of "news we could use."

Meanwhile we all see this stuff and respond on social media or at the real life water cooler and perpetuate the celebrity of those pols. We are free advertising to the barnburner base that elected these fools. It becomes irresistible to find out what new folly they have created or endorsed or remarked on. I have been thinking about going back to a once enjoyed day off per week from all connected activities. Just haven't picked the day yet. Don't know why I'm overthinking it, I should just throw a dart at a calendar and pick that day and its recurrences!

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Marjorie Taylor Greene Roasted For 'Unholy' Gripe About Sam Smith And Kim Petras​

Feb 6
The Grammy’s featured Sam Smith’s demonic performance and was sponsored by Pfizer. And the Satanic Church now has an abortion clinic in NM that requires its patients to perform a satanic ritual before services. American Christians need to get to work.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Marjorie Taylor Greene Roasted For 'Unholy' Gripe About Sam Smith And Kim Petras​

Feb 6
The Grammy’s featured Sam Smith’s demonic performance and was sponsored by Pfizer. And the Satanic Church now has an abortion clinic in NM that requires its patients to perform a satanic ritual before services. American Christians need to get to work.
What????

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

Feb 6
This has to be an Onion article... oh the world we live in.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
It seems to me that in this new "by-invitation-only" News & Current Events section, since we're starting over, more or less, that all items posted should be from reliable established news sources, not some junk site with a sensational headline that caught a viewer's eye and then was plucked off the internet to post here....

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
While I am not going to get into who was comparatively more disrespectful at the SotU address (Pelosi or MTG), it wasn't a shock when I read that she heckled during the actual speech. Even with Trump, I thought you could be disrespectful toward the person, but the office of the President required a certain level of respect and decorum, i.e. showing up when invited, shutting up during a speech, rising when they enter the room. Not clapping during a point of the speech, I am fine with that level of protest.

Last edited:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
She compared the size of the balloon, which has been given as “three school buses,” to the size of a jetliner... specifically, the one that crashed in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, on Sept. 11, 2001.
“Remember that? It didn’t kill anybody on the ground. Killed everyone on board. But it didn’t kill anyone on the ground,” Greene said. “So they want to tell all of us that it was too risky to take down that Chinese spy balloon over rural Idaho or Montana, or any of these other states, or Alaska? They’re liars!”

Greene cooked up a whole new set of conspiracy theories.
“You can only see it two ways,” she said, then proceeded to offer three. “Either they’re liars or they’re cowards or our president is sold out to China. You know what? I’ll go with all three.”
The clip was posted on Twitter by PatriotTakes, which monitors right-wing media:

Top Bottom
1 2