_DSF2957.jpg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
January 20th, 2009 - fifteen years ago from yesterday, in downtown San Francisco.

I asked this newspaper vendor selling Extra editions of the SF Chronicle in a busy part of the downtown if he would hold one up for a photograph. From what he said and his mannerisms I could tell he was happy to oblige and was proud doing so. We talked for a bit, and I showed him the image from the display on my camera. He asked if I could mail him a print that he could then send to his mother living overseas (which I did).

That engagement, and making his portrait, has to be my favorite of all the street portraits I've made over the years.

Obama Inauguration 1000.jpg

obama-inauguration-1000-jpg.28062

Katbel

Site Champ
Staff Member
Reaction score
January 20th, 2009 - fifteen years ago from yesterday, in downtown San Francisco.

I asked this newspaper vendor selling Extra editions of the SF Chronicle in a busy part of the downtown if he would hold one up for a photograph. From what he said and his mannerisms I could tell he was happy to oblige and was proud doing so. We talked for a bit, and I showed him the image from the display on my camera. He asked if I could mail him a print that he could then send to his mother living overseas (which I did).

That engagement, and making his portrait, has to be my favorite of all the street portraits I've made over the years.

View attachment 28067
obama-inauguration-1000-jpg.28062
Cannot see the second image

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Cannot see the second image

There should only be one image. I think the small icon below the image is an artifact (that I can't get rid of without deleting the post).

When I first posted the photo, it left the square thumbnail at the bottom of my post. Thinking that was a mistake, I went back and clicked the small trashcan in the upper right of the thumbnail. That also deleted the normal main image. So I re-editied and that worked. But now I have that desk small image icon left, which doesn't show up when I edit.

oldBCguy

Site Champ
Reaction score
Before the snow disappears entirely (El Niño may make this the last of winter we see in Vancouver...here's hoping) ;). (can always drive to Whistler when we want to see snow) :D

Oh...and, yes, the wife took the pic. :D

View attachment 28074
.. with you on those wishes!! With forecasts predicting milder temp's and rain for the next 'good while', let's hope!! :)

oldBCguy

Site Champ
Reaction score
... photo taken from our apartment's balcony early yesterday morning ... and it remained like this most of the day -- the fog a good sign of the approaching milder air ... and with some rain (forecasted for the week) ... should take of all that "white stuff and cold air" we received over the past while.

unnamed-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2