Welcome new members!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Someone said that DT wanted me here? So here I am.

Hey dude! I'm on a sort of self imposed exile from Mac Rumors, but occasionally still check the The Car Thread (that I actually started ...), and have been following some of the EV discussions there and in dedicated threads. I know you're a big advocate, and interestingly, both @quagmire (who you would also know from The Car Thread) and I, who were big modern muscle/performance car enthusiasts BOTH changed to Teslas in the last few weeks.

Thought you might want to drop into the Car Thread here to chit-chat about it, and possibly even invite some other folks over from the "I'm ready to buy electric" thread.

Relentless Power is the fuckwit who ruined my thread, as well as dozens of others, he's a no-nothing when it comes to, well, most thing, but especially vehicles, so this is a nice RP-Free zone :D

JohnR

Tesla & Steeler fan
Reaction score
Hey dude! I'm on a sort of self imposed exile from Mac Rumors, but occasionally still check the The Car Thread (that I actually started ...), and have been following some of the EV discussions there and in dedicated threads. I know you're a big advocate, and interestingly, both @quagmire (who you would also know from The Car Thread) and I, who were big modern muscle/performance car enthusiasts BOTH changed to Teslas in the last few weeks.

Thought you might want to drop into the Car Thread here to chit-chat about it, and possibly even invite some other folks over from the "I'm ready to buy electric" thread.

Relentless Power is the fuckwit who ruined my thread, as well as dozens of others, he's a no-nothing when it comes to, well, most thing, but especially vehicles, so this is a nice RP-Free zone :D

So you are saying I should tell RP to ignore my invite? (ok ok, I'm kidding! HA)

Let me find this car thread. Definitely want to talk about Tesla :)

bunnspecial

Site Champ
Reaction score
@JohnR I know you and I have maybe "sparred" a bit on MR, but welcome here and I'll look forward to seeing your comments without a loud-mouthed halfwit talking over them.

You certainly are passionate about Teslas, and while I might not be, I do enjoy and have enjoyed reading your stuff. That's especially true since we use to be localish.

I know on MR you list your location as Louisville. Are you actually in E-Town?

(BTW, I was born and spent the first chunk of my life in Frankfort, have lived in Louisville the last 10 years, and moved to St. Louis a year ago).

D

Deleted member 199

dress up like Little Bo-Peep ...
Oh, so it's not just me he said no to about that?

Oh my sweet Jesus.gif

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
So did mine. I always ignored my grandma. She was no bloody fun.

My grandma could be fun but she was also probably why I'm not doing time somewhere by now.

I shoplifted a doll's dress at a dimestore when I was like 4 years old or so, just tucked it in my pocket while grandma was buying shirt buttons or something... but of course my grandma noticed that doll's pretty fancy outfit later on that afternoon.

At that point I was offered a couple options: take the dress back and apologize to the lady in the store and come home and learn how to sew a proper doll's dress, or take the dress back and apologize to the lady in the store and then buy it back with a loan from my grandma which I could work off pulling weeds in her perennial gardens...

I kept listening for the option where i could keep the doll's dress, and not say sorry to anyone, but that was not in the cards in that household. So I took option 1, and eventually learned how to sew a doll's dress too, but in the meantime learned how to sew lace edgings tatted by a great-great aunt onto a dozen pillowcases for somebody's daughter's wedding gift. Talk about bait and switch. Man oh man. I was steamed. Doll wore a plain muslin shift for six months while I tried not to stick myself with a sewing needle and bleed on the damn lace for those pillowcases.

But I never shoplifted anything again. I sorta borrowed a duckling later on from a neighbor's farm but that heist was noticed and the farmer's wife took the duckling in one hand and my ear in the other and marched me the several miles back to our farm where she looked up my mom and offered to sell us the damn duck. I had to pay for that one with extra barn chores that were far more onerous than just digging up weeds.

After that I hardly ever even borrowed anything, never mind stole and called it borrowing. Hidden costs of loans, etc...

Yeah. I was a financial genius by age five. There might be free lunch from time to time, but you have to be offered what you should not just take, and usually what you really want you have to roll up sleeves and earn.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
At that point I was offered a couple options: take the dress back and apologize to the lady in the store and come home and learn how to sew a proper doll's dress, or take the dress back and apologize to the lady in the store and then buy it back with a loan from my grandma which I could work off pulling weeds in her perennial gardens...

Lucky kid! I did something similar (candy) at that age and my mom noticed in the car. Option #1 was go inside, tell them what I did and apologize. Option #2 was get spanked right there, then choose either option #1 or option #2 again. But, lessoned learned.

U

User.191

Lucky kid! I did something similar (candy) at that age and my mom noticed in the car. Option #1 was go inside, tell them what I did and apologize. Option #2 was get spanked right there, then choose either option #1 or option #2 again. But, lessoned learned.
Ditto me: option one was to apologize to the store and get a walloping afterwards.

There was no option two.

Top Bottom
1 2